Applications are now CLOSED, please contact the Scientific Committee for any enquiry.
MOFSchool is open to a maximum of 50 Scholars.
HOW TO APPLY: Potential Scholars must fill out and submit the form available below and upload a one-page document concisely describing their educational background, present position, research interests, and motivations for participating in MOFSchool. Instructions on how to draft the motivation letter are available here.
Bursaries are available to support Scholars’ participation in the form of (partial) covering of the accommodation and/or travel expenses. Scholars eligible to apply for a bursary must be
- undergraduate students
- PhD students
- post-doc fellows
with a maximum age of 35.
Bursaries are available from:
- Berkeley Global Science Institute (BGSI) to fully cover the expenses of three scholars from extra-Europe, less developed countries.
- International Union of Crystallography (IUCr) to cover the expenses of graduate or post-graduate students and post-doc fellows, with a maximum age of 30, preferably from developing countries. IUCr Scientific Freedom Policy Statement The Organizing Committee of the First International School on Advenced Porous Materials shall observe the basic policy of non-discrimination and affirms the right and freedom of scientists to associate in international scientific activity without regard to such factors as ethnic origin, religion, citizenship, language, political stance, gender, sex or age, in accordance with the Statutes of the International Council for Science. At this School no barriers will exist which would prevent the participation of bona fide scientists.
- Italian Crystallographic Association (AIC) to support the participation of undergraduate students, PhD students or post-doc fellows.
- European Crystallographic Association (ECA) to support the participation of EU undergraduate students, PhD students or post-doc fellows.
- Consorzio Interuniversitario Nazionale per la Scienza e Tecnologia dei Materiali (INSTM) to support the participation of undergraduate students, PhD students or post-doc fellows.
- Micromeritics Instruments Corp. to support the participation of undergraduate students, PhD students or post-doc fellows.
POSTER SESSION: Young participants willing to present a poster should declare it in the application form and provide abstract according to the template.
SHORT-TALK SESSION: Young participants willing to give a 10-minute talk should declare it in the application form and provide an abstract according to the template.
In case of a larger number of proposals the School Directors will select based on the potential interest to the audience, the coherence with the aim and scope of MOFSchool, and the diversification of topics.
|Application opening||December, 10th 2018|
|Application closure||February, 15th 2019|
|Notification of application acceptance||March, 30th 2019|
|Fee payment within ||April, 5th 2019|
 The fee must be paid only AFTER the final acceptance of the application.
REGISTRATION FEES: The school fee is 250 € (VAT 22% included) and includes all lectures, course material, Wi-Fi connections, welcome party, lunches, coffee breaks. The fee must be paid only AFTER the final acceptance of the application.